This program provides you with the knowledge and skills to understand and navigate the world of digital information – and make it an open one. Key outcomes:
- Knowledge: understand the information age, its society and economy, its history and future. Understand the open landscape and community, key themes, challenges and opportunities.
- Skills: Present, communicate, hear and be heard. Be powerful in engaging and communicating with others. Plan and manage events and projects.
- Leadership: inspire, engage and develop others.
- Community and support: connect to wider community and networks, understand who else you could work with or get support from.
- How to talk to a crowd and really connect
- Getting your point across quickly and effectively
- Knowing who to talk to – and when
- Concrete, powerful examples of the benefits of openness
- Handling common objections and issues
- Talking to different kinds of stakeholders such as policy-makers, academics and technologists
- How to build sustainable activities and manage volunteers